Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Brockhouse Corgi Mark II (Historical Vehicle )

Brockhouse Corgi Mark II Manufactured 28th October 1948


with only 3 former keepers. I recently bought this


as my entry into classic motorcycles but to be honest,


I realize classic motorcycles just doesn"t do it for me!


Bought from a Classic Motorbike dealer last month


and the engine is a superb little gem. No smoke or rattles etc.


Bike has the one gear ( start bike and then lower footrest to


put into gear ) and runs as it should up to the maximum 30 mph. ( Dealer


showed the bike being ridden etc ).


Lights all work and tyres are as new.


No M.O.T or road excise duty required as classed as HISTORIC VEHICLE…just insure and ride !


Bike seems virtually standard although someone has painted the


tank green. This Corgi has a lovely patina that says "don"t touch me,


leave me as standard" ! Marvellous blast back harking from the 1940"s


So a Mark II in excellent condition for the year..only 66 years young !


V5c present and in my name. No other history


Please note I had to select a manufacturer when listing my motorcycle but the


drop down listing did not ( now defunct ) list "Brockhouse" as a manufacturer


so I selected bombadier purely so I could place this advert. Bike has no connection


with Bombadier whatsoever.


Parts are still available for this fold down bike icon smile


26th August _______Price reduced for quick sale to £1350 firm. Cracking investment( Need a chassis for my Land Rover hence my urgent sale )!!


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Made in England 1947-1954


Brockhouse Engineering of Southport built the Welbike-inspired Corgi. These were exported to the United States from 1947 to 1954 where they were sold by a department store (possibly Sears), and were also rebadged as the Indian Papoose. At this time the Indian marque was owned by Brockhouse.

One of these diminutive machines was ridden across the American continent. They were also used by the US Air Force during the Korean War for use by maintenance personnel, and were often kept aboard aircraft for use in moving around the bases.

The Corgi was reputedly named in honour of the low-slung dogs so favored by the English monarchy.



Brockhouse Corgi Mark II (Historical Vehicle )

No comments:

Post a Comment