Saturday, August 30, 2014

Yamaha VMX1200 V-Max 2003 Full Power UK Model

A very original, low mileage Yamaha VMX1200 V-Max.


It was originally fitted with the Yamaha OEM screen and chrome mirrors, which I didn"t like, so I changed them. The bike now has an MRA screen and some nice black mirrors fitted and an aluminium rack from ExactRep.


I also replaced the front springs with progressive ones, changed the fork, engine and transmission oils and the brake and clutch fluids. The carbs have been cleaned and adjusted and the engine runs very sweetly and powerfully, with V-boost working perfectly.


Sadly I can"t keep it due to no job currently, so it will have to go to a new loving home.


When I got it, it was on the original Dunlop tyres which were well past their best, despite still having tread, so I replaced them with some nice new Avons. The buyer will have an option on a Hyperpro RSC steering damper which cost around £400, unless I sell it separately first. Original screen and mirrors included in the price.


I paid £4,600 for the bike and I have spent £100 for the MRA screen, £100 for the rack, £35 for the mirrors, £50 for a set of inlet rubbers, £70 for a set of float valves and £320 for tyres and MoT. I can"t find the receipt for the fork springs, but I think they were about £70.


MoT April 2015 and I will put 6 months tax on for the buyer.


Any questions or to arrange a viewing, please email or call 07766 858281. Bike is located in Weardale, near Stanhope. Delivery may be possible, just call me and ask.



Yamaha VMX1200 V-Max 2003 Full Power UK Model

No comments:

Post a Comment