Wednesday, August 27, 2014

1982 Honda CX500

It"s a 1982 CX500 in very good condition. Not concours, but the basis for such a machine for an enthusiast or just for everyday use. Aftermarket fairing and seat, as you can see.


I have a comprehensive history for the bike which leads me to believe the 38K mileage to be genuine, but I can"t guarantee it. There are lots of receipts and descriptions of work done to it by the two previous owners, who were clearly enthusiasts and a written record of its history from new.


I was going to replace the downpipes, as they are not the best cosmetically, though they are fully sound. I bought a pair and will throw them in if the asking price is met. I"ve just replaced the oil and air filters and the oil.


It had an advisory on the last MOT regarding the rear tyre which is legal, but will need replacing in the next few hundred miles. The price reflects that.


I will listen to swap offers ONLY for low mileage, quality Japanese 125s. Anyone offering a Chinese machine will encounter hoots of derision, so please don"t bother.


MOT till May 2015 and taxed till Nov 2014. V5 and paperwork in place.


Questions welcome, so get in touch by calling me. Texts will be ignored.


Test rides are fine, but you will need to deposit the asking price in cash in my hand before doing so.



1982 Honda CX500

No comments:

Post a Comment