2003 Triumph Sprint RS in black, with various Triumph extras:
Colour matched belly pan and seat cowl, adjustable clutch lever, centre stand, factory fitted Datatool alarm / immobilizer. Still fitted with the original exhaust system.
A few scuffs here and there, and there is some corrosion on brackets / fork legs, as the bike has been stored outside (albeit with some shelter). Over-all though it"s all pretty sound.
I bought the bike with 500 miles on the clock in 2004, and it"s been the best bike I"ve owned.
The major 12000 mile services have all been carried out by a main Triumph dealer, the last of these less than 1000 miles ago.
Had a new alternator fitted a couple of years ago. Other than that, it"s not really put a foot wrong. Certainly been up to the task of touring, commuting, and weekend fun, and the engine is still regarded as one of the best in the business.
Taxed until 31/08/14 and MOT"d until 21/03/15. MOT advisories on the front tyre, rear brake pads, and a slightly slow throttle return.
Had a couple enquiries about the tank and the engine, so in answer I"ve added some more photos.
When I first got the bike, I fitted a Triumph carbon tank protector, but as the tank is plastic and I wanted a tank bag, I soon fitted a Baglux cover. The paint on the tank has barely seen daylight since, and is in very good condition.
Being a 2003 model RS, the engine is the 118bhp 955i, as opposed to the earlier 108bhp version.
Triumph Sprint RS 955i 2003
No comments:
Post a Comment