Sunday, August 31, 2014

Aprilia Leonardo 125cc (registered as 125cc but has a 150cc engine)

I am reluctantly selling this scooter as I am going travelling in 6 weeks for 8 months and my other half tells me I can only store one of my bikes!


I am the third owner and have had this bike for almost three years. I have put an awful lot of time and effort into it. Clearly its a ten year old London scooter with all the usual scuffs you"d expect and some quirky naks that you get to know as you own the bike but I have to say its a great scooter, 70mph, liquid cooled with twin disk brakes and excellent handling. Starts first time, every time. I"ve thrown a lot of money at it over the years so there is plenty of life in her yet, easily another 10 years!


Work carried out since my ownership:


Replaced 125cc top end with official Aprilia 150cc unit and carb (by south London Motorcyles in Tooting – i have the receipt for this) – bit quicker than the usual 125cc 4 strokes with more low end grunt – still learner legal though. It"s covered21,700 miles which is not bad for her age but its got a new low mileage engine in it so the numbers don"t really matter!


New belt – 2013
Replaced fork seals- 2013
Engine mountings replaced-2013
New front disk and pads – 2014
New battery – 2014
New tires fitted recently.
Secondary air system removed to allow better exhaust flow
Oil changed every 5,000 kilometers


There are inevitably a few things not so great:


Steering lock doesn"t work (someone attempted to steal the bike before I owned it – It wasn"t stolen but the little urchins broke the steering lock.


Auto-choke does not work, just hold the throttle a little over idle for the first minute of tick-over and then it"ll run perfectly. Or just ride it straight away.


No oil pressure light – Check the oil once a month, problem solved


I have a full bike licence so can take you for a spin if you like. if you want a test ride, no problem – as long as the money is in my hand. I"ll also follow on my Street Triple icon wink


I would rather the bike was sold to someone who is going to look after the scooter as I have and not run it into the ground with no maintenance, with a little tlc it will never let you down.


Tax until end of September but no MOT – it"ll fly through MOT as it did last year with no advisories. I have all the paperwork, log book, spare keys, a few spare parts, instruction manuals, workshops manuals you"l ever need. All the frame, VIN and engine numbers are as they should be.


No time wasters please, and no silly offers!


£575 ono



Aprilia Leonardo 125cc (registered as 125cc but has a 150cc engine)

No comments:

Post a Comment